Saturday, August 15, 2009

96: 500 Days of Summer


I 100% love this movie. I didn't think I would but it was so not at all what I thought it would be. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel are just SO PERFECT in the roles they play. Joseph was amazing as an naive, unfufilled greeting card writer looking for his soul mate and Zooey was equally great as the on again off again girl that everyone loves without knowing exactly why. Both of them are portraits of real people, with problems and small, tender moments... unlike the majority of romantic films. The music fit the movie perfectly (esp Joesph's dance number, soooo great), the cinematography is stunning and I absolutley love the way the movie skips around between Day 1 and Day 500. Skipping through different days in Tom's life, good and bad, reveals the true disconnected nature of the relationship between Tom and Summer. The ending is bittersweet but in a good way and I'm so happy I saw this movie. :)
9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment